Sunday, January 4, 2009

"Appe" New Year to Stacie!

Well, what a way to start the new year. Nick took me to the ER on Saturday morning around 6 am for severe abdominal pain. After a CT scan around 9:45 am they said I had an acute appendicitis and emergency surgery was necessary before it ruptured. (Nice!) So, I was taken into surgery around 3 pm and in recovery around 4 pm. The surgeon did it laporscopically and was able to remove the appendix safely as well as look at my left side to validate that IVF is the best option for us (which we were sure of but another confirmation is always great).

Let me give you a run down of how bad December & January are to The Vetor's:
Jan 30, 2005 - Nick rushed by ambulance and admitted for 3 days for double pneumonia
Jan 3, 2006 - Stacie taken to ER for constant vomiting (I was pregnant for Ryan and very sick)
Dec 30 & 31, 2006 - Stacie taken to ER 2 days in a row for CT scans due to severe sinus infection
Jan 4, 2007 - Stacie's ectopic miscarriage
Jan 3, 2009 - Stacie's appe.

The down side to this surgery is that my shots will not be able to start this week. :( In fact, our whole IVF treatment will probably get held off one full cycle. I am supposed to be off work for one week (which stinks b/c I've basically been off since Christmas and was ready to get back at it...and make some money). But, I need to rest so that recovery is speedy and IVF is not further delayed. I see the surgeon in about 2 weeks. Hopefully there will be no infections or complications so that our RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) can plan to begin our shots just a few weeks later.

Please pray for my recovery. (I am feeling OK...just sore.) Ryan really missed his mommy but came to visit me last evening at the hospital. We know that God has a plan in EVERYTHING so we are not discouraged that our timeline got screwed up by this surgery. I am so thankful that this happened before I am pregnant or even on shots b/c all the drugs, etc. could have caused concern or complications.

With all that said, "Happy New Year to you and your family!"

No comments:

Post a Comment