Monday, August 24, 2009

Baby Girls Arrived - August 23, 2009

August 23rd was my 28 week celebration...or so it was supposed to be! I woke up early in the morning with cramping. They put me on the contraction monitor and I was for sure having decent and consistent contractions. I had been on hospitalized bed rest for 3 full weeks with NO complications...just here to watch monoamniotic twins closely.

My doctor was called and arrived around noon to do an ultrasound. (Had it not been for the contractions she wouldn't have done an ultrasound on a Sunday during her routine rounds.) As she was scanning the babies she was very quiet and Nick & I knew something was wrong. Baby B was laying directly on top of Baby C. Baby C still had a good heart beat but was not showing any activity at all as far as movement. Our doctor said she was going to give her 10 more mins. and if no movement she would deliver. (We were shocked!)

So, within minutes I was being prepped for a c-section. By 1:12 pm Allie Rae arrived weighing 2 lbs, 5 oz and 14 1/2 inches long. Allie was the one who was struggling on the ultrasound and did have the roughest start at birth. Right behind her at 1:12 pm as well was Allie's identical twin sister, Norah Joann, who weighed 2 lbs, 9 oz and was 13 inches long. Last but not least was Miss Olivia Rose, the fraternal triplet, born at 1:13 pm. She weighed 2 lbs, 11 oz and was 14 inches long.

All babies are in the NICU on ventilators right now. I will continue to post as things change. Please pray that they get healthier and stronger every day. Also that I recover quickly from my c section.

Love,
The Vetor Family

No comments:

Post a Comment